Thursday, December 9, 2010

Bacon Cheese Steak

One of my favorite restaurants has a dish that I love to get. I am always trying to "copy" dishes that I eat in restaurants. This one was fairly simple.

I still haven't cracked open the secret to the sauce in Chicken Volcano that my favorite Chinese restaurant serves. It ain't soy sauce - made that mistake ! Anyway, back to my Bacon Cheese Steak

Use tenderized round steak - whatever qty. you want (I buy the ones already cut for laziness and time sake !)

Marinate steak in your favorite marinade. I used onion gravy this time - it was good but I almost waited too long. The meat was actually turning mushy.

Broil until meat done (you might want to turn it over near the end so both side are equal). Use a pan where the "bad" juices can run off. I poured the juices off once while cooking. Then I will occasionally pour it back on the meat to keep the meat juicy. I also poured the marinade back over the meat late in the broiling.

Then sprinkle some grated cheese and bacon pieces on top. (I used the precooked bacon this time and it worked really well). Put back in oven until cheese melts.

Very simple, looks classy and like you worked really hard on it - and it got the stamp of approval from the man in my life.

Experiment (as any good cook knows to do !)with other toppings. I'm thinking of Ro-tel tomatoes, maybe onions, mmmmmmm ! Onions cooked down into gravy, mmmmm !

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good! Great to see you posting again. Looking forward to your next.

    ReplyDelete