Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Skillet Corn

I love corn and look for any corn recipes I can find.

This one was created out of a mistake I made. I had put some corn in a saucepan along with some butter, turned in on and promptly forgot about it - until I started smelling burnt corn.

It had not burned to badly so I was trying to think of ways to reover fromt his mess. So I chopped up some onions and bell peppers and added some spices and continued stir frying. Well it turned out pretty good. So now I burn the corn on purpose.

Start with any kind of corn - I prefer frozen. WE have a brand down here called PictSweet. It is delicious. Anyway, sprinkle olive oil in a skillet and put whatever amount of corn you want. I do add a little butter - but not as much as I used too - now that we attempt to be healthy eaters.

Anyway - chopped up veggies - as much as you want - just make it come out with your amount of corn.

Veggies I usually use:

bell peppers (for color use red and green)
poblano peppers
jalapeno peppers
banana peppers
Use your imagination.
All kinds of seasoning.

Stir and fry till some of it is even black.

Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment